Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Aravindakshan Srinivasan <s_...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/07/12 20:11:43 UTC

Spark Action and HiveContext

Team,
Has anybody been successful using HiveContext via the Oozie Spark action? I get errors regardless of how I package and share the spark-hive jars. This is on Oozie 4.2.0.
User class threw exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/spark/sql/hive/HiveContext Wondering if folks have figured out some patterns or solutions for this.
Best,Aravind --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Aravind Srinivasan
http://goodcynicsports.blogspot.com
I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. - MLK, Jr. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Spark Action and HiveContext

Posted by Aravindakshan Srinivasan <s_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Yeah, we don't build with -Phive on purpose. It should still work though as long as the jars are available and packaged, no?
Aravind
Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards