Posted to users@apex.apache.org by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com> on 2016/06/19 05:26:20 UTC

how to increase lifetime of hdfs delegation tokens ?

Hi,

My Apex application failed exactly after running 7days in our distributed hadoop environment, with delegation token expiry!!

Can someone pls help me with details, on how I can increase the delegation token time to lifetime or any other process running in parallel to renew the tokens ?

Exception details below:

ERROR hdfs.DFSClient (DFSClient.java:closeAllFilesBeingWritten(954)) - Failed to close inode 11111111
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.token.SecretManager$InvalidToken): token (HDFS_DELEGATION_TOKEN token 111111 for XXXXXX) is expired

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Raja.

Re: how to increase lifetime of hdfs delegation tokens ?

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Raja,

Do you have admin access to the cluster? If so look for the
properties yarn.resourcemanager.delegation.token.max-lifetime and
dfs.namenode.delegation.token.max-lifetime in your Hadoop configuration.
They should currently be set to 7 days. This is what is making the tokens
expire after 7days. For testing you can change it to half hour for example
and restart hadoop services. You can now see without waiting for a long
time if the application is getting new tokens and running with them.

Thanks

From: "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com>>
Date: Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 9:52 AM
To: "users@apex.apache.org<ma...@apex.apache.org>" <us...@apex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: how to increase lifetime of hdfs delegation tokens ?

Posted by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com>.

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Raja,

Posted by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com>.

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Raja,

Posted by Aniruddha Thombare <an...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi,

You can set the flag on MIT kerberos server with following in your kdc.conf:

  default_principal_flags = *+renewable*, +YOUR_OTHER_FLAGS....

Also, take a look at:

http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-5-x/topics/cm_sg_sec_troubleshooting.html

Thanks,

Aniruddha