Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by "Paolo Tacconi (sent by Nabble.com)" <li...@nabble.com> on 2005/12/06 14:51:48 UTC

Italian localization

I'm pushing Roller 2.0 at work for both public and internal weblogging, I think it is very usable and flexible weblogging software.

Anyway I live in Italy and my colleagues want to use an Italian-localized software. That's why I started translating ApplicationResources.properties from english to italian.
Now, I translated almost everything and I would to share my work.

Is there any of you willing to help me to add to the project the italian localization?
--
Sent from the Roller - Dev forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Italian-localization-t686804c12275.html#a1813621

Re: Italian localization

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Paolo Tacconi (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

>Fine, I'll send in the ApplicationResources_it.properties as soon as I finish translating some administration and Planet options. The rest of the work is done.
>The localization file is for Roller version 2.0.
>If you like, I can even send you the work-in-progress file :)
>
>I'd be glad to mantain the file in case of funcional changes or future releases, in the near future I don't see big problems for me to do it.
>Will you need my help in translating also the weblog entry dates?

Can you elaborate on this?

Re: Italian localization

Re: Italian localization

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Certainly.  Please let us know which version of Roller it is for and
send us the ApplicationResources_it.properties and I will check it in to
the corresponding branch.  We are not expecting further 1.x releases at
this point, but it will be in the source tree for those obtaining the
source.  If you have one for 2.x,  it will also be included in
subsequent releases.

To be honest,  maintenance across releases is still an issue.  We don't
have people or a process in place that allows for translating for new
releases each time, and there are still significant functional changes
and improvements going into the application in each release.  The result
is that most users still have to do some translation work each time.

--a.