Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net> on 2008/05/10 15:57:24 UTC

FW: Exploiting Google MX servers as Open SMTP Relays

fyi: post in bugtraq.  You may wish to look for and remove any whitelists
based on google, googlegroups, or gmail accounts until google fixes this.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 10.05.08 20:39, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> thats why i use def_whitelist_auth to free domains and whitelist_auth to
> specificaly known persons that i know
>
> then adjust the whitelist score to get only non spam throught

I don't even do that... default whitelist has score of -15 which is quite
enough to pass much of spam that goes through.

Yes I can change the score to e.g. -10 or -5...
and I even wonder why there are so much of domains on default whitelist
(luckily not much of FPs)

Re: FW: Exploiting Google MX servers as Open SMTP Relays

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Sat, May 10, 2008 19:48, Joseph Brennan wrote:
> --On Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:57 AM -0400 Michael Scheidell
> <sc...@secnap.net> wrote:
>> fyi: post in bugtraq.  You may wish to look for and remove any whitelists
>> based on google, googlegroups, or gmail accounts until google fixes this.
> I was surprised to hear that anyone gave whitelist status to free
> email services to begin with!

thats why i use def_whitelist_auth to free domains and whitelist_auth to
specificaly known persons that i know

then adjust the whitelist score to get only non spam throught

Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

Re: FW: Exploiting Google MX servers as Open SMTP Relays

Posted by Joseph Brennan <br...@columbia.edu>.

<sc...@secnap.net> wrote:

> fyi: post in bugtraq.  You may wish to look for and remove any whitelists
> based on google, googlegroups, or gmail accounts until google fixes this.

I was surprised to hear that anyone gave whitelist status to free
email services to begin with!

Joseph Brennan