Posted to users@maven.apache.org by KC Baltz <KC...@Copart.Com> on 2005/11/01 19:10:04 UTC

[m2] How to exclude WEB-INF/lib/*.jar without excluding dependent jars?

I'm in the process of converting a webapp from Ant builds to Maven2 builds and I'm running into a hitch with the packaging.  When I first built the webapp, it put duplicate jars in my WEB-INF/lib since they exist there in my source directory and it also included the jars defined in my pom dependencies.  I tried adding
<excludes>WEB-INF/lib/*.jar</excludes> to my war plugin configuration, but then I ended up with no jars in my war file.

I'd rather not delete the jars at the moment since I'm still doing parallel development with Ant.  Is there a way to accomplish this or am I wasting time trying to make M2 do something it really shouldn't?

K.C.

Re: [m2] How to exclude WEB-INF/lib/*.jar without excluding dependent jars?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
try

<excludes>
  <exclude>WEB-INF/lib/*.jar</exclude>