Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/05/20 15:41:22 UTC

RE: [Question] sample-apps page

> From: Konstantin Piroumian [mailto:kpiroumian@apache.org]

> > <samples/> document is *very* simple, it allows links only
> in <sample/>
> > element:
> >
> >   <sample name="Session State" href="session-state/example">
>
> I've proposed to use document DTD also for the samples page,
> but there was
> no any response to it.
>
> What does Forresters think of it?

Me thinks this viable option, if a bit boring however, since it normally
will use the same stylesheet as for the other document-type documents.

Doh. The logical consequence would now be: let's just add another
stylesheet, but it's the URI space I'm worried about... how would we
then specify this samples-page.xml document-type document to be
processed with another stylesheet?

http://host/mountpoint/samples-<nameofalternativestylesheet>.html
http://host/mountpoint/samples-html?use-stylesheet=fancysamples.xsl

This all looks pretty messy to me.

Any sitemap wizards having ideas about this?

</Steven>

Re: [Question] sample-apps page

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
Steven (I'm getting used to your style ;)

From: "Steven Noels" <st...@outerthought.org>
> > From: Konstantin Piroumian [mailto:kpiroumian@apache.org]
>
> > > <samples/> document is *very* simple, it allows links only
> > in <sample/>
> > > element:
> > >
> > >   <sample name="Session State" href="session-state/example">
> >
> > I've proposed to use document DTD also for the samples page,
> > but there was
> > no any response to it.
> >
> > What does Forresters think of it?
>
> Me thinks this viable option, if a bit boring however, since it normally
> will use the same stylesheet as for the other document-type documents.

Do you mean boring look & feel? We can add some fancy graphics to it ;)

> Doh. The logical consequence would now be: let's just add another
> stylesheet, but it's the URI space I'm worried about... how would we
> then specify this samples-page.xml document-type document to be
> processed with another stylesheet?
>
> http://host/mountpoint/samples-<nameofalternativestylesheet>.html
> http://host/mountpoint/samples-html?use-stylesheet=fancysamples.xsl
>
> This all looks pretty messy to me.
>
> Any sitemap wizards having ideas about this?

Why simply don't change the referenced stylesheets in the samples sitemap?
So, the URI space will remain the same as now, e.g.:
 http://host/cocoon/samples/<i18n>/

and have <transform src="samples2html.xsl" /> in samples/sitemap.xmap which
in turn can have included document2html.xsl.

What about this?

Konstantin