Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Rene Cormier <je...@cipanb.ca> on 2003/12/16 21:26:00 UTC

[users@httpd] New web server setup

Hi, I'm planning to setup 2 new web servers, one will be for the
development and the other will be for production. The web development
will be done on the development server and then I'll be using rsync or
something like that to transfer the pages from the development to the
production server. I was wondering what if you guys had similar setups
and if you could give me some pointers to set this up, like how your
developpers access the servers (FTP, Samba?), how do you sync the
servers. Also I'm thinking something like CVS could be nice to have so
they could have version history but since I've never played much with
CVS, would this be hard to implement, especially would the developpers
have a lot extra to do to work with this?

Thanks

Jean-Rene Cormier