Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2010/06/25 01:47:56 UTC

Use of Endpoint.INTERFACE_NAME

I'm trying to track down some issues resolving endpoints and need some
clarification on the use of the Endpoint.INTERFACE_NAME (and SERVICE_NAME)
properties on the Endpoints.

In SOME places, these values are set as QNames.   Examples:
  org/apache/servicemix/nmr/spring/ReferenceFactory
  the cxf-transport-nmr

Other places are setting it as a String:
DeliveryChannelImpl
ComponentContextImpl
etc...

The problem is the lookups aren't working if the endpoint was registered with
QNames (like a cxf endpoint using NMR transport), but the lookup is looking
based on Strings (http component passing through DeliveryChannelImpl).

What is the "correct" interpretation?   I'll submit a patch for whatever needs
to be done, but I'd like to know the correct version.

The other option is to update the PropertyMatchingReference.match method to do
a "toString" if one of the values is a string.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Use of Endpoint.INTERFACE_NAME

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Looking into it some more, it looks like there are a couple other places that
are assuming the property values are strings.  Thus, I think this is a bug in
the cxf NMR transport (and the ReferenceFactory).   I'll log a bug.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org