Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Jamal BERRICH <jb...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/20 00:53:34 UTC

Pivot news :

Hi every body,
     We have started a new project based Pivot called InventoryManagement.
     We wesh to use a new version of Pivot specially v3 of pivot.
     So, what news about Pivot release ? the last is 2.0.4 (May 19, 2014
too old ).

Best,
Jamal

Re: Pivot news :

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jamal,
good to know :-) ...

In 2.0.x branch we are mostly ok, there is only
[PIVOT-965](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-965) but not
so simple to fix, for Java 8; Roger is working on it, but he can more
detail on this.

After it, there are some small things (secondary) that could even be
moved in a later 2.0.x release, see here for open issues in 2.0.x:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PIVOT%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0.5%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

So, after PIVOT-965 has been resolved , I'm available to start the
usual cleanup/checks for preparing a release (note that this needs
time) ...

Roger (and others) , what do you think ?

Anyway, the code in trunk (for 2.1.0) is very stable so it's usable
without problems, and has many enhancements over 2.0.x ; I think we
could even check what can be moved to a later 2.1.x to be eable to
release it during next months.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Pivot news :