Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Eric M. Dashofy" <ed...@ics.uci.edu> on 2000/09/07 19:51:16 UTC

New Hermit Alpha Release

Hi folks!

I was working with my first Hermit alpha yesterday and I fixed a couple of
bugs in the Hermit compiler.  You can snag the latest version, as usual, at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~edashofy/index-research.html

If you are a newcomer to the list, I'll give a brief background on Hermit:

Hermit (The Http Enhanced Remote Method Invocation Technique) is a little
experiment I'm doing to build some RMI-like features on top of SOAP.
Basically, Hermit allows you to make RPC's as if they were local procedure
calls.  Hermit also provides a nifty SOAP-compatible Java<->XML serializer
that makes it very, very easy to serialize/deserialize your Java data
structures for transport via SOAP.  More information can be found at the
above URL.

Also, on a related note, I submitted a patch to Apache SOAP a little while
ago that allows you to serialize Java exceptions in the Fault detail
element.  Have any of the committers accepted this yet?  I haven't seen it
in an xml-soap-cvs message.  Is there a problem with it?  Should I post it
again?

Thanks!
-----
  Eric M. Dashofy <ed...@ics.uci.edu>
  Graduate Student Researcher, Information & Computer Science
  University of California, Irvine
  http://www.ics.uci.edu/~edashofy