Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andy Huhn <am...@hslt-online.com> on 2008/09/04 13:13:01 UTC

5.0.15 date / application lockups with IE6

Hello,

In production (T5.0.14), my app seems to deadlock every time IE 6 is
used to render a page that has several FCKEditor instances on it (using
the Editor component from t5components).

You can imagine I would like to get this fixed ASAP...and I'm
desperately hoping that 5.0.15 will fix this issue (due to the deadlock
enhancements).

Does anybody know when 5.0.15 will be released?  Or does anyone have any
ideas for a workaround?  The Editor component has been associated with
several properties that are being displayed in the same BeanEditForm.
That seems to work fine unless the browser is IE6.  When IE6 hits that
page, the application locks up (for all users, not just the one client),
and I have to restart Jetty.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Re: 5.0.15 date / application lockups with IE6

Posted by Andy Huhn <am...@hslt-online.com>.
Answered my own question...thanks, Steven Wooley
(http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created:-(TAPESTRY-2561)-Deadlock-when-double-clicking-a-pagelink-td18877508.html).

I'll get a core dump to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Andy

Posted by Andy Huhn <am...@hslt-online.com>.
Howard,

Posted by Andy Huhn <am...@hslt-online.com>.
Howard,

I have a core dump...I zipped it, and it's still 30Mb.  It's too big to
post as an attachment to the JIRA (10Mb limit), and it's too big to send
to your gmail account (google bounced the message back).  What's the
best way to get this to you?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
A thread core dump would be very useful in seeing if this is the same
deadlock that's (hopefully) been addressed in 5.0.15.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Andy Huhn <am...@hslt-online.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In production (T5.0.14), my app seems to deadlock every time IE 6 is
> used to render a page that has several FCKEditor instances on it (using
> the Editor component from t5components).
>
> You can imagine I would like to get this fixed ASAP...and I'm
> desperately hoping that 5.0.15 will fix this issue (due to the deadlock
> enhancements).
>
> Does anybody know when 5.0.15 will be released?  Or does anyone have any
> ideas for a workaround?  The Editor component has been associated with
> several properties that are being displayed in the same BeanEditForm.
> That seems to work fine unless the browser is IE6.  When IE6 hits that
> page, the application locks up (for all users, not just the one client),
> and I have to restart Jetty.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Andy

Howard M. Lewis Ship