Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by masilva3 <ma...@terra.com.br> on 2002/08/07 16:18:34 UTC

CGI.pm and Embperl

Hi list,

I did an program that uses CGI.pm, but when i put
[- use CGI; $query = new CGI(); -]
[+ $query->br +],
it not working, sending to the browser the string "<br \>"

Can i use CGI.pm on embperl ?

Thank you, mauricio.

Re: CGI.pm and Embperl

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> > I did an program that uses CGI.pm, but when i put
> > [- use CGI; $query = new CGI(); -]
> > [+ $query->br +],
> > it not working, sending to the browser the string "<br \>"

Why do you want to use CGI.pm for generating a br tag? Just wrting <br />
does the job much more easily. In case you really need to do it trun of
escaping:

[+ do { local $escmode = 0 ; $query->br } +],

> BTW: Emperl uses CGI.pm internally... :-)

Embperl does _not_ use CGI.pm internaly. The only exception is when you do a
file upload, i.e. CGI.pm is only used for handling multipart formdata

Gerald

Re: CGI.pm and Embperl

Posted by Axel Beckert - ecos gmbh <be...@ecos.de>.
Hi Mauricio!

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:18:34AM -0300, masilva3 wrote:
> I did an program that uses CGI.pm, but when i put
> [- use CGI; $query = new CGI(); -]
> [+ $query->br +],
> it not working, sending to the browser the string "<br \>"

Sure, it's not '<br />'? That would be correct XHTML 1.0...

> Can i use CGI.pm on embperl ?

Generally yes. But you perhaps should take a look on Embperl's
$escmode variable, if you have problems with CGI.pm's
$cgi->some_html_tag feature or any other CGI feature generating output
for the browser, because Embperl's default escaping make brake these
features.

BTW: Emperl uses CGI.pm internally... :-)

            Kind regards, Axel Beckert
Axel Beckert      ecos electronic communication services gmbh

E-Mail:     beckert@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 926530
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de/     Fax:      +49 6133 925152