Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Justin Robinson <ju...@venturenet.co.za> on 2011/04/02 10:48:37 UTC

Re: building itemized component product listing in the cart view

Thanks for the reply. What I actually want to achieve is using the
configure process to define packages of products at order time. I did
look briefly at marketing packages, but it seems they must be
predefined. I've got virtual products set up now with variants. But
need to be able to configure packages of those variants which are
defined by customer choices at order time. This can be done using a
configurable as a parent product, but once choices are made and the
customer adds to the cart. Only the aggregated price is shown and one
item the config product not it's constituent which would be the
variants under the virtual. The details of those cannot be seen and
don't seem to be in the context of the show cart view. Just wondering
if anyone knew where would be the best place to add this but maybe I
should ask on the dev mailing list?

On 3/31/11, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve. By and large it's best to
> follow how things are organized in data files
>
> Jacques
>
> Justin Robinson wrote:
>> I've set up configurable products, with variants in the choices; just
>> like the PIZZA product on demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org.
>> What I need is an itemized component product listing in the cart view,
>> showing the description and price of each component variant product
>> selected.
>>
>> In the cart view on the demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org for the PIZZA
>> product it does show the selected Config Option's description, but
>> nothing about the underlying varients.
>> If someone could let me know where the logic for this is located I can
>> build on to it.
>>
>> The solution I came up with might be a really long way round:
>> Add a field to org.ofbiz.order.shoppingcart.ShoppingCart to hold a ref
>> to ProductConfigWrapper, which is set when it's passed into
>> addOrIncreaseItem, during the customer's configuarion of the product.
>> So if I have a ShoppingCart instance I can get the last associated
>> ProductConfigWrapper, then get the configId from it then do a lookup
>> via ProductConfigConfig and ProductConfigProduct entities to get the
>> list of productId's for the configuartion, then I can get product
>> descriptions and component prices from ProductAndPriceView enity using
>> the productId.

Justin
Venture-Net Research & Development