Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jon <lo...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/24 02:07:52 UTC

printing struts from jspWriter

Hi pple,
Suppose I want to use struts code from my java classes and then ask
the jspWriter to print it,
eg. out.println("<html:radio value=1>test</html:radio>");
the struts tag does not get translated into html.  Is there a way to
get print struts code from java code properly?
thank you

Re: printing struts from jspWriter

Posted by N G <ni...@gmail.com>.
Jon,

If I understand you correctly (forgive me if I am not)...

Consider out.println() as a direct System.out.println() type of thing,
but your out.println() prints directly to the browser (so to speak).

So, essentially, you are just sending the string "<html:radio
value=1>test</html:radio>" to the browser.

server. In the end, it's just a convienient way to output HTML, which
by the way, uses Writer to do it.

Hope this helped to clear things up a bit.

NG.