Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Brady Gaster <bg...@distributedobjex.com> on 2001/04/13 19:28:09 UTC

MS/Java SOAP Incompatibility

I'm developing a solution to demonstrate using the MS SOAP Toolkit 2.0's
ISAPI filter for SOAP requests and the non-issue of compatibility when using
Java or any other client to send and receive requests. To date, the progress
is well (with the help of some of the gracious members of this list), but
i'm running into an interesting snag, and i think the cause is my lack of
full understanding of Apache/SOAP implementation.

When i issue my SOAP request from a COM-based client, the following XML is
generated:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
- <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
- <SOAP-ENV:Body>
- <m:MakeXML xmlns:m="http://tempuri.org/message/">
  <f>brady</f>
  <l>gaster</l>
  </m:MakeXML>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
  </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Yet when i issue the SOAP request from my Java client, i get the following
XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
- <SOAP-ENV:Body>
- <ns1:MakeXML xmlns:ns1="http://tempuri.org/message/"
  <f xsi:type="xsd:string">brady</f>
  <l xsi:type="xsd:string">gaster</l>
  </ns1:MakeXML>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
  </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I'm trying to determine how to make the Java client issue the same XML. I
didn't want to post all the Java code in here, but basically i'm asking
what's possibly missing that would "fub" the XML here.

Any takers?

Brady Gaster
Senior Solutions Engineer
Distributed Objex, Inc.