Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/22 12:58:54 UTC

Why is failing to get Hive token non fatal ?

Hi all,

Recently, we had an incident where applications failed to connect to Hive
metastore due to authentication error. The applications were run in YARN
cluster mode and the error was thrown in the driver. However, we find the
client already threw errors when it failed to get the Hive token. It
swallowed the error and continued to submit application.

Is there any specific reason for this design ?
I also created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-35160
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-35160>.

Thanks,
Manu Zhang