Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bo Gao <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/13 13:45:15 UTC

Make SLF4J in Ubunto10.04 use Log4j

Hi,

I use Log4j in my application, I log things in to many files. And it works perfectly in My Mac.
But when I deploy my application to Tomcat server on an Ubuntu machine, all messages are logged to my rootLogger(catalina.out)

I think this is because SLF4J use java.util.logging, not log4j. How to correct this.
(I use Logger.getLogger(xxx.class) somewhere in my code, this works, use log4j. Logger created with @Inject not work.)

Thanks.

--
Bo Gao
elivoa@gmail.com

Re: Make SLF4J in Ubunto10.04 use Log4j

Posted by "Vangel V. Ajanovski" <aj...@ii.edu.mk>.
On 13.10.2011 13:45, Bo Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Log4j in my application, I log things in to many files. And it works perfectly in My Mac.
> But when I deploy my application to Tomcat server on an Ubuntu machine, all messages are logged to my rootLogger(catalina.out)
>
> I think this is because SLF4J use java.util.logging, not log4j. How to correct this.
> (I use Logger.getLogger(xxx.class) somewhere in my code, this works, use log4j. Logger created with @Inject not work.)

I have not come accross such problem and I host the application under
Tomcat 6 on Ubuntu (tried on 9, 10 and 11).
The log4j creates recoreds in the file that I have explicitly stated in
the properties with an absolute path.
I do use @Inject to create loggers in each page, so no problem with that
too.