Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by zze-messager FTM balr002 <me...@rd.francetelecom.com> on 2001/07/25 18:04:27 UTC

authentification for differents groups FORM or BASIC

Hello,

I have to do protect the accesses to my application in fuction of groups of
users.
For exemple, the group1 can access to the application if the url likes this
:
/sc?AI=A*
/sc?AI=M*
/sc?AI=D

And the group2 can access with a url likes : /sc?AI=V*

How to do that with a FORM or a BASIC authentification ?

Delphine

Re: authentification for differents groups FORM or BASIC

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, zze-messager FTM balr002 wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have to do protect the accesses to my application in fuction of groups of
> users.
> For exemple, the group1 can access to the application if the url likes this
> :
> /sc?AI=A*
> /sc?AI=M*
> /sc?AI=D
>
> And the group2 can access with a url likes : /sc?AI=V*
>
> How to do that with a FORM or a BASIC authentification ?

See the servlet spec for more details (URL in a previous response), but
you're not going to be able to use container managed security to
differentiate URLs that have different query strings.  They have to be
different URL patterns (same kind of patterns as used for servlet
mappings).

> Delphine

Craig