Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Hong Wei <hw...@qq.com> on 2016/07/12 09:42:31 UTC

my confusion with kylin detail query

Dear Kylin:
    kylin 1.5.2
    hbase 0.98

     I am very confused in a little experiment for testing detail query with kylin. First, I import a table 'COFFEE' contains about 4258 records, and then build a simplest cube (only one dimension named 'MARKET', and one measure 'COUNT').
     (1) When I query with SQL 'select count(*) from COFFEE', it shows '4258'.
     (2) When I query detail with SQL 'select * from COFFEE', it shows only 4 records:

      (3) When I query with SQL 'select market, count(*) from COFFEE group by market', it shows different results with the previous query:

        (4) When I query with SQL "select * from COFFEE where market = 'Central' ", one ressult is shown.

       How to explain and understand these results, and what should be noted when we build a cube expected to be able to query detail data ? Thank you.

回复: my confusion with kylin detail query

Posted by Hong Wei <hw...@qq.com>.
Hello Yiming Liu,
        Thanks, I get it.

Kylin is designed to support OLAP query. If you need query the detail data,
please enable the RAW measure  when cube building.

More detail: http://kylin.apache.org/blog/2016/05/29/raw-measure-in-kylin/

--
With Warm regards

Yiming Liu (刘一鸣)

Re: my confusion with kylin detail query

Posted by Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Hello Hong Wei,

--
With Warm regards