Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Markus Studer <ma...@bluewin.ch> on 2008/07/17 14:05:41 UTC

OFBiz translations to German

I'm currently doing some translations to German in the framework
(common) part of OFBiz. I've created a small dictionary for the
translations to get consistent translations.

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Dictionary+for+translations+to+German

Feedback from German-speaking users/developers is requested.

Thanks and best regards

Markus Studer

Re: OFBiz translations to German

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Markus,

This is an interesting intiative. I will try do the same in French. Really easier to share (even between languages) than digging
into uiLabels files or UI.

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Markus Studer" <ma...@bluewin.ch>

Posted by Markus Studer <ma...@bluewin.ch>.
> sounds really great :)
> only one thing: cancelled
> i think it's nearly impossible to define only one translation for that,
> depending on context there are some possibilities...
> http://dict.leo.org/?search=cancelled

yes, that's right. I want to define translations that fit for most cases
(hopefully more than 50%). Some applications/modules will need to use
their own translations for those words as business slang varies.

As always: "Keine Regel ohne Ausnahmen" (no rule without exceptions)

What I want to know is where the suggested translations really do not
fit -> I'm working on framework/common/config/CommonEntityLabels.xml
that file defines a lot of translations for state changes and names for
status and I do not want to introduce some "strange" translations that
confuse.

Markus

Re: OFBiz translations to German

Posted by Roland <ro...@redvision.de>.
Hi Markus,

sounds really great :)
only one thing: cancelled
i think it's nearly impossible to define only one translation for that,
depending on context there are some possibilities...
http://dict.leo.org/?search=cancelled

--Roland