Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jeff Emminger <je...@jeffemminger.com> on 2003/11/14 23:59:45 UTC

read me

Re: DateField Exception/has no implementation

Posted by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com>.
Mindbridge,

> Are you using the last beta or the code in CVS? Some fixes were recently
> made to that component and they are not in the released beta yet.

I'm using Tapestry-3.0-beta-3.

> Also, why not use ValidField with a DateValidator instead? It is the more
> "contemporary" solution, and should have all the features you need. That
> should work ok with the released betas as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll have a look.  I haven't had much luck with
either DateField or DatePicker.

Cheers,
Eric

3.0 empty TextField behavior

Posted by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com>.
Hi,

I was curious about the TextField behavior in 3.0 (compared with 2.3).  It
appears that empty text fields intialize their respective properties to an
empty string.

For example, I have an object "Patient" that has two optional properties,
addressLineOne and addressLineTwo.  I originally expected these values to
relsove to null if the text fields were left blank, not empty strings "".

Is there a way I can avoid this?

Thanks,
Eric

DateField Exception/has no implementation

Re: read me

Posted by Jeff Emminger <je...@jeffemminger.com>.
sorry, meant to send to myself...if there's a list admin that can delete
please do so.