Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/19 23:05:55 UTC

Re: 0.8 Branch?

+1.
We also need to make sure fixes applied to 0.8 are also in trunk (so that
they will go to 0.9 also).

Thanks
Amila

Re: 0.8 Branch?

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
> This looks like the git language, I am sorry, can you elaborate how to do
> it in svn+JIRA?

Please check this out.
https://wiki.kuali.org/display/STUDENTDOC/4.2.3+Cherry+Picking+Commits+in+Subversion.
Anyway I know merging in svn is not as fun as it is in git :-).

> Also, we should not be doing any new feature additions to 0.8 branch, but
> only bug fixes and treat it purely as a maintenance branch.

+1. Given that we have tagged 0.8 branch for the release.

Thanks,
Danushka

Re: 0.8 Branch?

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:31 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suresh, I think a better approach would be to have a corresponding 0.9 clone with the commit id for each 0.8 ticket created so that we can just cherry pick the changes onto the 0.9  path.

This looks like the git language, I am sorry, can you elaborate how to do it in svn+JIRA?

Also, we should not be doing any new feature additions to 0.8 branch, but only bug fixes and treat it purely as a maintenance branch.

I will goahead and create the branch now and if we have any objections, we can always revert it.

Suresh

Re: 0.8 Branch?

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.8 Branch?