Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Derrick Pope <de...@cuprodigy.com> on 2015/07/20 22:26:49 UTC

Merging multiple documents together.

I previously emailed this group about an issue I had with fillable
documents being merged together.  The first document in the merged file was
exhibiting some strange behaviors. Fields would not display values, fields
that were in multiple places on the document would not have a name
displayed when opened in adobe.  I confirmed that their was not a problem
with the document by changing the order of the documents when they were
added to the list of documents to merge.

I have now created a workaround.  I now add the first document to the list
of documents to be merged twice.  Then after they are merged I remove the
pages for the first document from the merged document.  All fields are now
displayed properly and function properly.

While this workaround is working I feel there is a bug in there somewhere.
If you need additional information please ask.

Thanks

*DERRICK POPE*  |  Product Manager

—

O 801.451.9101

C 801.940.6954

A *209 E GORDON AVE *  |  * LAYTON, UT *  |  *84041*
[image: CUProdigy] <http://cuprodigy.com/>

Re: Merging multiple documents together.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Derrick,

> Am 20.07.2015 um 22:26 schrieb Derrick Pope <de...@cuprodigy.com>:
>
> I previously emailed this group about an issue I had with fillable
> documents being merged together.  The first document in the merged file was
> exhibiting some strange behaviors. Fields would not display values, fields
> that were in multiple places on the document would not have a name
> displayed when opened in adobe.  I confirmed that their was not a problem
> with the document by changing the order of the documents when they were
> added to the list of documents to merge.
>
> I have now created a workaround.  I now add the first document to the list
> of documents to be merged twice.  Then after they are merged I remove the
> pages for the first document from the merged document.  All fields are now
> displayed properly and function properly.

Good to hear that you've found a workaround

> While this workaround is working I feel there is a bug in there somewhere.
> If you need additional information please ask.

In a response to you original mail I've asked for some sample PDFs to be able to replicate the behavior. Could you upload a set of files to a public location?

BR
Maruan