Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Trevor Vaughan <tv...@isr.umd.edu> on 2002/09/18 06:04:32 UTC

Simple Question

Hi,

I'm relatively new to using FOP and was wondering/hoping that there was
a way to require a row height to remain static.  I.e. if I say
height="4in" but add in more than 4in worth of text, I want it to just
clip it.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks,

Trevor

RE: Simple Question

Posted by Roland Neilands <rn...@pulsemining.com.au>.
Trevor,

> I'm relatively new to using FOP and was wondering/hoping that
> there was
> a way to require a row height to remain static.  I.e. if I say
> height="4in" but add in more than 4in worth of text, I want
> it to just
> clip it.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?
There is no explicit XSL-FO (or even CSS) property on table rows to do this:
"height" is for minimum row heights. fo:block-containers do behave as you
want but don't inherit row properties & the table formatting doesn't allow
for their content height, as they can be any size/where you like.

Here's an ugly Q&D that does what you want but forces fixed row heights:

<fo:table>
<fo:table-column column-width="7cm"/>
<fo:table-body font-size="10pt">
<fo:table-row height="24pt" line-height="12pt" keep-together="always">
              <!-- min only -->
  <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block-container height="24pt" width="6.9cm">
                   <!-- ^ max         ^ must be specified - padding -->
      <fo:block text-align="start">
        <xsl:value-of select="Description"/></fo:block>
    </fo:block-container>
  </fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>