Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 21:20:11 UTC

Synonyms - 20th and 20

I have a synonyms.txt file which has
20th,twentieth

Once I apply the synonym, I see "20th", "twentieth" and "20" for "20th".
Does anyone know where "20" comes from? How can I have only "20th" and
"twentieth"?

Thanks,

Jae

Re: Synonyms - 20th and 20

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You almost certainly have WordDelimiterFilterFactory in your analysis
chain after the synonym insertion. It's _job_ is to split on
letter/non-letter transitions.

The admin/analysis page is your friend.

Best,
Erick