Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by re...@SAFe-mail.net on 2003/05/21 20:38:31 UTC

Broken explicit header support in WSDL2Java?

Hi all.

Firstly, please excuse my mistakes, but I'm a bit of a newbie to all this. I have quite a large wsdl file (>8000 lines!) and it contains four quite complex header elements. WSDL2Java creates all of the stubs without any complaints (I can even find the classes corresponding to each of these header elements), but TCPMonitor shows me that the method call isn't generating the header tags. I've already read about how I can add headers manually using the stub class's setHeader method (the last point in the Axis FAQ shows how), but the only appropriate method signature takes a SOAPHeaderElement object. I can instantiate my header classes but, as each of the stub classes generated only extends java.lang.Object, I can't work out how to then convert each instance of a header class into a SOAPHeaderElement.

I guess my questions boil down to:

a) Is explicit header support in WSDL2Java still broken? I've already found bug 13618, but this seems to only cover implicit header support (in addition to which it seems to indicate that the bug has been patched since 1.1 beta, and I'm using 1.1RC2). Also, if it is still broken, does anyone realize that the headers aren't written to the output stream _despite_ WSDL2Java succesfully generating the header classes.

b) If I have to rig it up manually, can I somehow convert instances of my header classes (which WSDL2Java has managed to write for me) into objects of type SOAPHeaderElement, or do I really have to just write the whole lot in as literal strings (yeuchhh!)?

c) Is this question best posted here, or should I send it to axis-dev instead? I'm loathed to post to axis-dev, as these might be just "dumb user" issues...

If anyone can shed any light on these, or give me a gentle nudge in the right direction, I'd be really appreciative. Many thanks,

Jaime