Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch> on 2004/02/09 20:38:06 UTC

Release 1.0 and API changes in Platform

hi all,

i found a problem in BrokerHelper#getCountQuery(). the handling of distinct
queries is not correct. i think i have a solution for this problem but it would
require changes in platform :( a new method to concatenate strings needs to be
added.

i do not like to change the api in a release-candidate, but i think changing
platform has not a big impact.

afaik the release 1.0 is not yet out. is there a release-date available ? do we
use the current 1.0 branch for the release or will there be another branch ?
i'm not sure if i have to make these changes to trunk and branch ?

jakob

Re: Release 1.0 and API changes in Platform

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
A while back Thomas said he wanted to re-branch 1.0 as it was taking so
long and had gotten out of synch, so I think checking into head is
fine.

I am for releasing 1.0 ASAP if there are no blocker or major level
bugs. Early, often is a nice way to do it.

-Brian

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Jakob,

Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i found a problem in BrokerHelper#getCountQuery(). the handling of
> distinct queries is not correct. i think i have a solution for this
> problem but it would require changes in platform :( a new method to
> concatenate strings needs to be added.
>
> i do not like to change the api in a release-candidate, but i think
> changing platform has not a big impact.

  +1 for changing platform interface, because the platform classes
aren't really pluggable, so there shouldn't be users with own
implementations.

> afaik the release 1.0 is not yet out. is there a release-date available
> ?

There are 3 failures in odmg-api tests. If these failures be fixed we
can label a 1.0 final (in my opinion).

> do we use the current 1.0 branch for the release or will there be
> another branch ?

I propose to make a new 1.0_final branch.

> i'm not sure if i have to make these changes to trunk and branch ?

I must admit that I made my last changes only to trunk.

regards,
Armin