Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Richard L. Burton III" <mr...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/02 01:10:59 UTC

Odd behavior with kafka consumer

What I'm seeing is the consumer sometimes doesn't read the first message.
There are times when it does as well.

Any clues what might cause it?

Re: Odd behavior with kafka consumer

Posted by Bartosz Konieczny <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

You can check the offset from which your consumer starts to work ? If it
doesn't match the expected one (0 I suppose), you can try to play with
property called auto.offset.reset and set it to "earliest". You can find
more information about: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html

You can also turn on trace logs and check if message delivery is done
before partitions assignments.

If it doesn't work and consumer's offset is 0, maybe message you sent is
not correctly delivered ? In this case checking logs should help.

Best regards.