Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/04/16 04:58:56 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "SingleUserUnixInstall" by DanKohn

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DanKohn:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SingleUserUnixInstall

The comment on the change is:
Typo and rearranged sections

  Note: one possible cause for problems is the use of smrsh on the MTA system; see ProcmailVsSmrsh for details.

+ = End-user mail filtering =
+
+ You now want to set up filtering in your mail client to automatically move likely spam to a Junk mail filter.
+ (Note that the .procmailrc we're using leaves very high likelihood spam on the server (or drops it on the
+ floor), so we never see it.)  The directions for this are different for every mail client, but they all
+ involve filtering on the header {{{X-Spam-Flag: YES}}} and moving the resulting mail to a junk folder.
+
+ If you have a false positive (a real mail that winds up in your junk folder, you can add a {{{whitelist_from *@example.com}}} line to your ({{{$HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs}}}).  For false positives (spam that
+ gets through), redirect it to spam@yourservername.com or just move it to the Learn``As``Spam folder.
+
  = Enable IMAP LearnAsSpam folder =

  If your final delivery is to an IMAP accessible MTA, you can set up an even easier way to do mistake-based
@@ -256, +266 @@

  You should see debug information of fetchmail accessing your IMAP account and downloading one message at
  a time from the Learn``As``Spam folder, and then debug info from sa-learn as it learns the message as spam.
  sa-learn is smart enough to automatically strip away the SpamAssassin markup, if any.  The messages
- should have disappears from the your Learn``As``Spam folder.  Once that's working well, you're ready to
+ should have disappeared from the your Learn``As``Spam folder.  Once that's working well, you're ready to
  create a cron job to automatically do this every hour.

  Enter the following commands:
@@ -272, +282 @@

  automatically run fetchmail every hour.  In case you're curious, -a means all mail in the folder, -s is
  silent, -v verbose, -n means not to modify any headers, and -D turns on debugging in sa-learn.  We redirect
  the output to /dev/null to avoid having cron email us the output from sa-learn about messages having been learned.
-
- = End-user mail filtering =
-
- You now want to set up filtering in your mail client to automatically move likely spam to a Junk mail filter.
- (Note that the .procmailrc we're using leaves very high likelihood spam on the server (or drops it on the
- floor), so we never see it.)  The directions for this are different for every mail client, but they all
- involve filtering on the header {{{X-Spam-Flag: YES}}} and moving the resulting mail to a junk folder.
-
- If you have a false positive (a real mail that winds up in your junk folder, you can add a {{{whitelist_from *@example.com}}} line to your ({{{$HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs}}}).  For false positives (spam that
- gets through), redirect it to spam@yourservername.com or just move it to the Learn``As``Spam folder.

  = Enabling user configuration through webuserprefs =