Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Erich W Schreiner <es...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/17 13:23:33 UTC

How to add tooltips to components?

Dear list,

what is the recommended way of adding tooltips to wicket components?

I have searched Google, but found mostly outdated (wicketstuff jwicket is
version 1.4.1) or obsolete (wicketstuff dojo integration) hints.

Thank you very much & have a nice day,
Erich

Re: How to add tooltips to components?

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
I use the visural wicket project . it has very nice tooltips. And there is a
nice demo for you to view them before you decide to use them

http://wicket.visural.net/examples/app/

regards.

Josh

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
use the title attribute

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Do you need Ajax tooltips?  Or, do you just need static ones that are known
at page render time?  For static ones, I've used overLIB (
http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/) and it worked fairly well.  If you want
to see some Wicket-based code for supporting overLIB, let me know.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
If you don't mind using jquery here is an option: [1]. Click on the
little ? sign at the right to see the source code.

Ernesto

1-http://wiquery-plugins-demo.appspot.com/demo/?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:com.wiquery.plugins.demo.ToolTipPage