Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Tim Wild <ti...@solnetsolutions.co.nz> on 2004/05/25 06:28:24 UTC

client certificates: contribution

Hi,

I have a simple class that i've created that deals with client
certificates, based on the sample sun code, which i'd like to
contribute. It'd work fine for simple applications, and would be a good
starting point for more complex client cert requirements. Should I
contribute this, and if so, how would I go about contributing it?

Cheers

Tim

Re: client certificates: contribution

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Tim,

Just a few things to add to what Mike has said

(1) CLA is required only if you would like to be attributed the
authorship of the contributed code. Apache, as many other open-source
project, got a little stricter about code contributions these days due
to IP related legal problems in the Linux kernel space.

(2) I have been long planing to provide a version of HTTPS protocol
factory supporting client certificate authentication. I'll happily
review your code and see that it eventually gets committed to the CVS,
once everyone is happy with the implementation. Go ahead and open a
feature request with Bugzilla, attach your code, and I'll get back to
you with some feedback

Cheers

Oleg

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.