Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Wayne Cannon <wc...@turinnetworks.com> on 2007/06/05 17:43:28 UTC

Great product like log4j stagnant?

In a different thread, Steve Souza said that log4j development had
stagnated (my words, not his, re version 1.3).  Is this true?  If this
is true, is it simply because log4j is a mature product and is a good
product needing little ongoing development effort of significance, or is
there a new/replacement product carrying the de facto logging charter
into the future (e.g. compatible with commons-logging)?

Respectfully,
Wayne

Re: Great product like log4j stagnant?

Posted by Steve Souza <ja...@gmail.com>.
I should clarify that there is definitely new development, however the
codeline labeled 1.3 is no longer being worked (for reasons I don't know).
But as a previous poster said log4j is still alive and well and will roll
most of these changes into the log4j 1.2 codeline.  We are at 1.2.14, now
and a responder to my email stated much of the features of 1.3 have been
moved into 1.2.15 and will be released in a couple days.

Posted by Wayne Cannon <wc...@turinnetworks.com>.
Thanks for the clarification, Curt.  It helps a lot.  --Wayne

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.