Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/25 19:57:43 UTC

[T4] need help on multi-checkbox validation

Hello,
This days I'm trying to find a way for managing validation between
severals checkbox.
The need is: there are several checkboxes in a form and each checkbox
needs to match rules which exprims dependencies between those checkboxes.
For example :  you can check this one if you have checked those two
others, but only if a third on is not checked.

I come here to ask your opinion, ideas and tips on the way you will do
it in different layer : server-side validation, client-side validation,
a rules manager component or not, is validation can have a view on
several component to return error or not ...

Please, tell me want idea comes to you about that need.

Thanks a lot
cyrille.

Re: [T4] need help on multi-checkbox validation

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like you need to create a new "depends on" validator.  I've
been meaning to do it but haven't yet.

On 7/26/07, #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I can present my question in a different way :
>
> What's the way to have an inter-fields validation for a form, like if
> checkboxA and checkboxB are checked, textfieldC must be filled.
> Should I create a component which it not rendered but it comes for
> inspecting form's fields to make the validation ?
>
> Have you got an idea ?
>
> thanks
> cyrille.
>
> #Cyrille37# a écrit :
> > Hello,
> > This days I'm trying to find a way for managing validation between
> > severals checkbox.
> > The need is: there are several checkboxes in a form and each checkbox
> > needs to match rules which exprims dependencies between those checkboxes.
> > For example :  you can check this one if you have checked those two
> > others, but only if a third on is not checked.
> >
> > I come here to ask your opinion, ideas and tips on the way you will do
> > it in different layer : server-side validation, client-side
> > validation, a rules manager component or not, is validation can have a
> > view on several component to return error or not ...
> >
> > Please, tell me want idea comes to you about that need.
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> > cyrille.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: [T4] need help on multi-checkbox validation

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.