Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bob Laferriere <sp...@icloud.com> on 2014/04/02 07:37:03 UTC

The word "no" in a query

I have built an commerce search engine. I am struggling with the word “no” in queries. We have products that are “No Smoking Sign.” When the query is “Smoking AND Sign” the product is found. If I query as “No AND Sign” I get no results? I do not have no as a stop word. Any ideas why I would get zero results back?

Regards,

Bob

Re: The word "no" in a query

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Bob,

Your field type would be useful here. Can you copy-paste it?

Ahmet

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:01 PM, François Schiettecatte <fs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Have you looked at the debugging output?

    http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommonQueryParameters#Debugging

François

Re: The word "no" in a query

Posted by François Schiettecatte <fs...@gmail.com>.