Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/29 20:58:47 UTC

HBase usage by HBase version?

Hi,

Does anyone know or have any guesses about which HBase versions are being
used the most?

I'd love to know what percentage of HBase clusters out there are still
using 0.94.x or below?
Are there more users using 0.94.x and below or 0.96.x and above?

Any educated guesses?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: HBase usage by HBase version?

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
JMS guess I think is right on the spot :) however now that 0.96 has been
EOL'd you should see users migrating to 0.98 rapidly, so the number should
be more like 50% 0.94, 40% 0.98 10% 0.96 within the next few months.

cheers,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.