Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Florian Hussonnois <fh...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/26 23:59:45 UTC

Tuples never reach bolts

Hi,

Is someone already faced with tuples that never reach a bolt ?

On a project, we have deployed a topology composed of 1 kafka spout and 3
bolts to a cluster.

Messages are read from a kafka queue. Then, tuples are handled by a json
parser bolt and re-emitted to a third bolt to be transformed. However the
tuples seems to never reach the last bolt.
Looking into storm UI, we have observed that 100% of our stream is
redirected to the bolt but its execute method is never called.

We have no error into the workers logs.

Thanks you a lot for your help.

--
Florian HUSSONNOIS

RE: Tuples never reach bolts

Posted by Richard Kellogg <rm...@comcast.net>.
Verify that you have a shuffleGrouping call on your last Bolt.  I experienced the exact same problem earlier this week.

builder.setSpout(KAFKA_SPOUT_NAME, new KafkaSpout(kafkaConfig));

       builder.setBolt("echo-bolt",  new EchoBolt()).shuffleGrouping(KAFKA_SPOUT_NAME);