Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca> on 2004/11/15 18:54:02 UTC

auto-version checkout

I have been trying to experiment with the various settings for
auto-version specified in section 3.2.2 of the DeltaV RFC. I am either
not understanding one of these options, or it is not operating as it should.

I have set the auto-version parameter to "checkout" in Domain.xml like this:

<parameter name="auto-version">checkout</parameter>

I am using the KDE webadv:// protocol and Windows Web Folders as my dumb
clients, DAV Explorer as my smart client.

If I create a new file with DAV Explorer then the behaviour works as
expected, the dumb clients only put the file in the checkout state, then
I must use the smart client to check it in when complete.

However, if I try to use a file in the repository from before the
configuration change, the old auto-version behaviour persists. Is this
auto-version behaviour tied to every single file as it is created?? I
can't seem to get any information on the auto-version property using a
DASL search, it is always listed in the 404 response section. Is there a
way to change the auto-version behaviour on a previously created resource?

Tim

Re: auto-version checkout

Posted by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca>.
For those who are interested, Slide DOES let you change the value of the
auto-version property. The RFC says the server can forbid this, but
luckly Slide does not. The following snippet of code accomplishes the
task: (Code is from Cocoon javascript, so the typing is not explicit)

var propPatch = new PropPatchMethod(filePath);
propPatch.addPropertyToSet("auto-version", "<D:checkout/>", null, "DAV:");
var state = client.executeMethod(propPatch);

Tim

Re: auto-version checkout

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Tim,