Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <vp...@selectica.com> on 2009/04/07 09:54:03 UTC

[Axis2] Memory leaks with 1.4.1

Hello,

We are using Axis1.4.1 Java for our webservice deployment as well as client calling - and are finding significant memory leaks in Axis2 related objects. Most of the leaks are already mentioned in the following:

 1.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3870?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.syst
 2.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4007
 3.  http://www.nabble.com/Axis-2-Memory-Leak-when-Client-is-instantiated-within-Service---pertains-to-edu.emory...ConcurrentHashMap--%3E-WAS%3A-Re%3A-When-do-cleanup-functions-need-to-be-called--td19631299.html#a19631370

#1 and #2 seem to have been resolved after Axis2 1.4.1 - is there a stable build that we can use for getting these fixes? Or is a Axis2 release with these fixes upcoming?
For #3, there does not seem to be any fix yet. Is that accurate? If yes, is a fix proposed to reduce the number of edu.emory... instances?

Thanks,

Vish.

[Axis2] scheduled and automatically activation, deactivation of services

Posted by andreas netter <ho...@gmx.de>.
Hi Axis2 users,

is it possible to activate or deactive an Axis2 service automatically?

We have a batch processing and maintenance period in one of our backend systems. The backend system is used by some of our axis2 web-services and we have to disable the services during the maintenance peroid.

We can't stop Axis2 or the whole server, because other services must be available. So, currently we disable/enable them manually via the axis2 admin console every day.

The predestined solution for us is to run a script, that deactivates/activates the services automatically.

Does Axis2 provide something to do that, e.g. an api?
If not, has anyone a similar problem and solved it?

Thanks and regards,
Andreas

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

Re: [Axis2] Memory leaks with 1.4.1

Posted by Andrei Ivanov <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Amila Suriarachchi
<am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> you may get a snapshot build from the 1.5 branch here[1]. we are hoping to
> release an RC soon.
> thanks,
> Amila.

What about backporting all these fixes to the 1.4 branch?
I think that's the "stable" branch... and as I see, 1.5 seems to
required JDK 1.5

RE: [Axis2] Memory leaks with 1.4.1

Posted by "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <vp...@selectica.com>.
Verified that #3 is indeed fixed. Thanks Amila.

________________________________
#1 and #2 seem to have been resolved after Axis2 1.4.1 - is there a stable build that we can use for getting these fixes? Or is a Axis2 release with these fixes upcoming?

For #3, there does not seem to be any fix yet. Is that accurate? If yes, is a fix proposed to reduce the number of edu.emory... instances?

Thanks,

Vish.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Axis2] Memory leaks with 1.4.1

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
vpantvai@selectica.com> wrote:

>  Ok thanks.
>
> Are the points I mentioned below accurate, i.e.
>
> -          #1 and #2 have been resolved after Axis2 1.4.1
>
> -          for #3, there does not seem to be any fix yet

No every thing should be fixed. If #3 is not fixed please give the exact
details to reproduce it. Then we can look into it.

thanks,
Amila.

>  ------------------------------

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

RE: [Axis2] Memory leaks with 1.4.1

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
hi,

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

RE: [Axis2] Memory leaks with 1.4.1

Posted by "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <vp...@selectica.com>.

#1 and #2 seem to have been resolved after Axis2 1.4.1 - is there a stable build that we can use for getting these fixes? Or is a Axis2 release with these fixes upcoming?