Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net> on 2003/06/11 08:23:05 UTC

Re: getting started tutorial - Demo app

I have published a small "Customer Registration" demo application .war
file at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hkrishnaswamy/.

Thanks
Harish

Posted by Mike D Pilsbury <mi...@pekim.co.uk>.
Yes they are Eclipse files.

Mike

Posted by Mindbridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

> Thank you MB very much. I tried native2ascii and it works.

Great!

> By the way, I couldn't access the archive website news.gmane.org for about
> 24 hours. Is there any other way that I can read your previous post in the
> dev list about the char encoding?

You can also get links to archives of the Jakarta lists from here:
 http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html

Here is the archive of my message:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=423

Please write to the -dev list if you have comments about it -- it is the
perfect place to discuss new features.

Best regards,
-mb

Re: Locale property file

Posted by worookie <wo...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you MB very much. I tried native2ascii and it works.

I look forward the improvement of charset encoding to Tapestry.

By the way, I couldn't access the archive website news.gmane.org for about
24 hours. Is there any other way that I can read your previous post in the
dev list about the char encoding?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rookie

Re: Locale property file

Re: Locale property file

Locale property file

Posted by worookie <wo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by worookie <wo...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Mike and Harish for your clarificatons about the eclipse files.

After removing the bugged-DatePicker from Harish's demo and modifying some
minor code, I have got a nice Tapestry demo program running.
Thanks Harish! You are the mentor of my first two Tapestry programs!

Another question that I could not find an answer from Tapestry's website or
the archive of this forum.
In Harish's demo, there is a file called "Registration.properties" for the
Registration page component.
I added another file called "Registration.properties.zh_TW".
I assume the property file should work just like other java standard
property files, which means the java program should automatically pick up
the property file for the current Locale. In other words, if the environment
(of the server) is zh_TW (Taiwan), then Tapestry should use
"Registration.properties.zh_TW" instead of "Registration.properteis".
Unfortunately, it didn't execute as what I expected.
So, my question is how and where I can tell Tapestry that the system's
Locale is zh_TW (Taiwan).

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Rookie

P.S. Are there any other Tapestry lovers writing programs that involve
handling 2-byte or 3-byte characters like Chinese? (Please note that UTF-8
cannot always handle Chinese characters correctly.)

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ba...@ngi.it>.
> I just downloaded the jar and executed it under Tomcat 4.1.24
> and Jetty
> 4.2.9 in Netscape 7.0/Mozilla 5.0 and IE 5.5 and I had no problem
> anywhere. Can you send me the jar you are using?

I downloaded the "war" file from your link and copied to my
tomcat/webapps dir.

It has been correctly decompressed in tomcat/webapps/Registration.

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24 on Windows XP Pro (italian) and Browsing with
IE6.

I gen no exceptions: is there some way to use the tapestry inspector to
give you more informations? (i'm sorry but I never used Tapestry).

-b-

RE: getting started tutorial - Demo app

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ba...@ngi.it>.
> I just downloaded the jar and executed it under Tomcat 4.1.24
> and Jetty
> 4.2.9 in Netscape 7.0/Mozilla 5.0 and IE 5.5 and I had no problem
> anywhere. Can you send me the jar you are using?

I think this is a similar problem of the Palette app in the demo
application.
In the sources of the page I see this code:

[...]
calendar_dob.setMonthNames(new Array(${monthNames}));
[...]
document.Form0.dob$toggle.onclick = function() {
[...]
<input type="hidden" name="service" value="direct/0/Home/$Form"/>
[...]
value="Register"/></td>
[...]

Is it correct to have all this ${} and $ names in the HTML code? Does
this help to find the bug?
If needed I can send the whole HTML source for that page.

-b-

Re: getting started tutorial - Demo app

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ba...@ngi.it>.

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Re: getting started tutorial - Demo app -- more clues

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
I think its probably because of the 2 diferent versions you had in your
classpath. Anyway, I appreaciate you letting me know.

I am glad its helping someone out. Checkout
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hkrishnaswamy. I have an illustrative
document, work-in-progress, that has a couple of illustrations. Also I
update the demo app from time to time.

Regards,
Harish

Posted by Tina Tsui <tt...@bellsouth.net>.
Hi Harish,

Posted by Joan Harrison <sr...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi All,
   Demo App ( Registration ) is not working for me either.
It is some thing to do with Javascript.

I am using win2k, IE5.5/IE6.0/Netscape 7.2.

In netscape I got some usefull information and it is.

Error: missing ) after argument list
Source File: http://localhost:7001/registration/app
Line: 30, Column: 38
Source Code:
calendar_dob.setMonthNames(new Array(${monthNames}));

Does this help you in any ways to debug?!!!

Regards
JH.

db.tap@bigalke.de wrote:
Hi,

datepicker works in the demo App and in workbench
if I use tapstry jar build from CVS.
No go for workbench palette following line
is in the generated html :

var ${baseName}$buttons = new Object();

Dieter

Zitat von Per Norrman
:

> Hi,
>
> I tried the registration app -- worked fine. However I get
> this error with the workbench palette demo, while the
> workbench datepicker is fine. Strange.
>
> As far as I can tell, the parameter substitution takes place in
> IScript.execute, which is implemented in
> org.apache.tapestry.script.ParsedScript.
>
> Either something goes wrong when parsing the script, so that the
> parameter is not recognized, or when evaluating the expression.
>
> /pmn

---------------------------------

Re: getting started tutorial - Demo app

Posted by db...@bigalke.de.

SV: getting started tutorial - Demo app

Posted by Per Norrman <pe...@telia.com>.
An update on the script problem:
I was setting up trying to debug this thing, so I
grabbed the latest code from CVS and mucked
around to set up eclipse so I could run Jetty/workbench
in the debugger.  Of course, now the problem does
not occur.

Seems to be a problem in the beta-1 distribution.

/pmn

Posted by Per Norrman <pe...@telia.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ba...@ngi.it>.

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ba...@ngi.it>.

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ba...@ngi.it>.

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Drew Davidson <dr...@ognl.org>.

Posted by Jeff <je...@hotpop.com>.
I'm also not getting anything with the down arrow.  Perhaps the WAR file
is missing something that some people already have?

Posted by Isak-Rickyanto <is...@telkom.net>.

Posted by Shawn Smith <sh...@shawnco-civil.com>.
Yes, the date picker works for me.  Browser=IE6.

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Isak-Rickyanto <is...@telkom.net>.