Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by 19...@gmail.com on 2016/12/19 23:03:01 UTC

when using spreadsheet

How do I get the total of a column and  when putting numbers in then highlighting the column instead of getting SUM= how can I get numbers as SUM= does not tell me much ie= 13425

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Girvin Herr <gi...@fastmail.com>.
Another thing to check if Alan's suggestion doesn't work or especially
if not all formulas are displayed is to make sure there are no blanks
(spaces) at the beginning of the =SUM line.  The = (equal character)
must be the first character and it is not always obvious.  That bit me a
while back and I spent hours trying to figure why some cells had the
correct result value and others had the formula displayed.

HTH
Girvin Herr

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 22/12/16 4:03 AM, Florence Padilla wrote:
> Hi, I'm having a problem with open office too if anyone can help.

And you have a problem with emailing too!
There is no need to include emails from another thread.

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Dec 21, 2016, at 12:03, Florence Padilla <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My open
> office only works on one account on my computer but not the other account.
> How do I get it to work on all accounts?? I download the app like normal
> but afterwards when it comes time to open the app, a "fatal error" message
> comes up..

For a start - what operating system?  Where did you go to download the second copy?  What is the exact 'fatal error' message?

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

He is a self-made man and worships his creator -- John Bright

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Florence Padilla <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I'm having a problem with open office too if anyone can help. My open

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Joseph B <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Joseph B <jo...@gmail.com>.
How do I get off this list

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
Tony,

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 23/12/16 7:15 AM, VinceB. wrote:

> Martin:
> Please help me:  where, exactly, or how do I click on "Sum=" ? This
> does not work when I click on the Sum icon that is located near the
> "=" icon.  Do you mean while the formula is shown within the address bar?
> I would like to see those other options. :-)

You see it at the bottom gray  bar about 75% from the left (if you sit
in front of the screen).

Re: when using spreadsheet

Posted by "VinceB." <wa...@verizon.net>.
Martin: