Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Biswajit Das <bi...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/30 19:42:43 UTC

Flink -mesos-app master hang

Hi All,
I'm trying to run a flink docker from the marathon with mesos app master; I
could see it goes on a continuous loop and failed to launch the task
manger. If I go to mesos master UI I could see job manager web UI with task
manager zero .

I have pretty much checked every possible log starting from Ubuntu machine
docker.log /mesos master/slave  pretty much no information other than just
failed task , I could see below log @ flink . However, I'm able to run same
docker image if I run jobamanger and taskmanager by itself in marathon and
let it connect via jobmanager RPC port .

for mesos config , I'm using below details from yml
mesos.master: ${MESOS_MASTER}
mesos.failover-timeout: 60
mesos.initial-tasks: ${INITIAL_TASK_MANAGERS}
mesos.resourcemanager.tasks.mem: ${RESOURCEMANAGER_TASKS_MEM:-4096}
mesos.resourcemanager.tasks.cpus:${RESOURCEMANAGER_TASKS_CPU:-1}
mesos.resourcemanager.tasks.container.type: docker
mesos.resourcemanager.tasks.container.image.name: ${IMAGE_NAME}

---------------------------
07-30 02:05:48,351 WARN
org.apache.flink.mesos.scheduler.TaskMonitor                  - Mesos task
taskmanager-00002 failed unexpectedly.
2017-07-30 02:05:48,352 INFO
org.apache.flink.mesos.runtime.clusterframework.MesosFlinkResourceManager
- Mesos task taskmanager-00002 failed, with a TaskManager in launch or
registration. State: TASK_FAILED Reason: REASON_COMMAND_EXECUTOR_FAILED
(Container exited with status 127)

Please let me know if any one has any pointer to debug further ..

~ Biswajit

Re: Flink -mesos-app master hang

Posted by Biswajit Das <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till ,

Thank you for the reply , I have posted some logs with initial email chain
. I think issue is more to do with docker private registry when there is
authorization involved . I can run docker running Job manager and task
manager as separate task for marathon and connect via RPC port . I was
trying to run via mesos app master so that job manager itself launch the
task manager part of framework .

Thank you again

~ Biswajit

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Biswajit,

Fwd: Flink -mesos-app master hang

[...]

runtime.clusterframework.MesosFlinkResourceManager  - Diagnostics for task
taskmanager-00003 in state TASK_FAILED : reason=REASON_CONTAINER_LAUNCH_FAILED
message=Failed to launch container: Unexpected WWW-Authenticate header
format: 'Basic realm="Registry Realm"'
2017-08-02 03:32:54,163 INFO  org.apache.flink.mesos.
runtime.clusterframework.MesosFlinkResourceManager  - Total number of
failed tasks so far: 3
2017-08-02 03:32:54,164 ERROR org.apache.flink.mesos.
runtime.clusterframework.MesosFlinkResourceManager  - Stopping Mesos
session because the number of failed tasks (3) exceeded the maximum failed
tasks (2). This number is controlled by the 'mesos.maximum-failed-tasks'
configuration setting. By default its the number of requested tasks.
2017-08-02 03:32:54,164 INFO  org.apache.flink.mesos.
runtime.clusterframework.MesosFlinkResourceManager  - Shutting down cluster
with status FAILED : Stopping Mesos session because the number of failed
tasks (3) exceeded the maximum failed tasks (2). This number is controlled
by the 'mesos.maximum-failed-tasks' configuration setting. By default its
the number of requested tasks.
2017-08-02 03:32:54,164 INFO  org.apache.flink.mesos.
runtime.clusterframework.MesosFlinkResourceManager  - Shutting down and