Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Reggie Chan <re...@tnc.hk> on 2005/11/17 12:25:28 UTC

Encoding problem

Dear all,

    I'm a new user of tapestry 4, and had no experience at all with
tapestry.

    I've got a page submitting a form, within that form user input
chinese in the one of the field and at the next page, the field is
outputed as ???. I've checked to log the string in page object, and it
shows the correct string. I've also set

in app.application

   I've also tried to use filter to set the request's encoding before
which gave the same result.

    Thanks in advance for the help.

Reggie CHAN

Re: Encoding problem

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Reggie Chan <reggie <at> tnc.hk> writes:

>     I've got a page submitting a form, within that form user input
> chinese in the one of the field and at the next page, the field is
> outputed as ???. I've checked to log the string in page object, and it
> shows the correct string. I've also set

> in app.application

Try outputting a hard coded string (in Chinese) using an Insert, like:

Home.html:

Home.java:
class Home ... {
  public String getString() {