Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Bilal Malik <bm...@paloaltonetworks.com> on 2012/10/27 01:56:56 UTC

[Newbie question] unable to mvn -P vmware install

Hi guys,
I have followed the instructions from
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/building-with-maven.html

I am completely new to the cloudstack development and trying to get the dev environment setup to be able to build cloud stack and also build it for vmware.

mvn clean ; mvn install ; mvn -P developer install works just fine for me

But
after i copied the vim.jar, vim25.jar and app-utils.jar to /deps/ folder then i ran ./install-non-oss.sh everything I thought I needed to do for vmware was done.
then when i ran mvn -P vmware install I get the following error

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project cloud-vmware-base: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /home/bmalik/incubator-cloudstack/vmware-base/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/vmware/mo/HostMO.java:[746,16] cannot access org.apache.axis.AxisFault
[ERROR] class file for org.apache.axis.AxisFault not found
[ERROR] try {
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

Looks like it is looking for Axis jars and I am not quite sure where to make it into the class path.  I have CLASSPATH variable defined in my .bashrc like
export M2_HOME=/usr/local/maven
export PATH=${M2_HOME}/bin:$PATH
export CATALINA_HOME=/usr/share/tomcat6
export CATALINA_BASE=/usr/share/tomcat6
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/default
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
export CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib:$JAVA_HOME/lib:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:/home/bmalik/axis2-1.6.2/lib/*

any help would be really really appreciated.

Thanks

Re: [Newbie question] unable to mvn -P vmware install

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
It seems that the pom.xml inside vmware-base has the axis dependency
listed as 'runtime' instead of 'compile'.
Try it with 'compile'