Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Tyson Norris <tn...@adobe.com> on 2014/10/16 00:10:28 UTC

topology.max.spout.pending

Hi -
We have 2 spouts in our topology, emitting tuples that are handled by separate bolts. Effectively we have 2 separate streams.

In the case of one of the streams, a bolt that processes it is known to be much slower than the bolts in processing the other stream.

It seems like in this case it might be beneficial to adjust topology.max.spout.pending for each spout separately.

Is there any simple way to do that? or do we need to move the spouts into separate topologies to achieve this?

Thanks
Tyson