Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Bruce Rosen <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/02 17:50:04 UTC

XLSF/.PPTX How to change the value of Custom Properties

After a number of years of using POI to manage custom properties in PPT
files,  I am now
looking into handling ooxml .pptx files.

I've installed the 3.8 release and also looked at the 3.9 beta.

A lot of the functionality is already in place and works quite well ...
thanks to the team
for their work on this!    I can open the PPTX, retrieve both core and
custom properties,
set title in the core properties, and read all the custom properties.
 Commit of the
properties also works great.

There are already methods for checking for the existence of a custom
property and for adding
new custom properties.  At the moment, there is not a custom property
method for
modifying the value of an existing property or to delete an existing
property (where
delete + add would be another way to modify a property).

I'd appreciate suggestions for an approach I could use to modify an
existing custom property.

Thanks very much.

- Bruce Rosen