Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bill Schindler <de...@bitranch.com> on 2001/06/06 06:28:57 UTC

Mac OS X, Xerces, and Cocoa

James,

Do you know if anyone is (or has attempted) creating an Objective-C
wrapper for Xerces? Until there's an Objective-C++ compiler again,
building a wrapper seems like the only way to get Xerces into a
Cocoa app.

--Bill

Re: Mac OS X, Xerces, and Cocoa

Posted by James Berry <jb...@criticalpath.com>.
Hi Bill,

No, I haven't heard of anybody working on an Objective-C wrapper. Given that
the Objective-C++ compiler ought to be out within a month or two, it
wouldn't seem worth it unless somebody (you?) has an immediate pressing
need.

-jdb

On 6/5/01 9:28 PM, "Bill Schindler" <de...@bitranch.com> wrote:

> James,
>
> Do you know if anyone is (or has attempted) creating an Objective-C
> wrapper for Xerces? Until there's an Objective-C++ compiler again,
> building a wrapper seems like the only way to get Xerces into a
> Cocoa app.
>
> --Bill

 James D. Berry
 mailto:jberry@criticalpath.com