Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by in...@projektinter.net on 2002/09/20 13:29:36 UTC

web.xml and manager application

Hi, using
Tomcat 4.0.1 on a Linux Box (SuSE 7.3) with JDK 1.3.1.
When I change the web.xml of a webapp and want to reload that webapp using the manager application the web.xml-file is not parsed again.
Only when I restart the container.
Is that normal? Is there a soulution? It is quite unhandy!

thanks, rainer

Re: web.xml and manager application

Posted by William Wragg <wi...@datapro.co.uk>.
Hi,

Not sure what this would be, permissions? Have a look at:

http://<your IP:port>/tomcat-docs/manager-howto.html

If this doesn't help, send the command, directory of webapp, etc... and
I'll see if there is anything wrong. I'm not sure if 4.0.1 is different
from 4.0.4 where the manager is concerned, so if the docs are different go
with the docs. Alternatively update to 4.0.4 :)

Regards,

Wm.

Posted by in...@projektinter.net.

Posted by William Wragg <wi...@datapro.co.uk>.
Hi,

If the webapp is just in a directory _not_ packaged as a .war file then use:
http://localhost:8080/manager/install?path=/myApp&war=file:/path/to/myApp

If the webapp is packaged as a .war file use:
http://localhost:8080/manager/install?path=/myApp&war=jar:/path/to/myApp.war!/

Hope this helps,

Wm.

Posted by William Wragg <wi...@datapro.co.uk>.