Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Crawford <rc...@unexmail.ucdavis.edu> on 2003/05/30 19:42:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Perl Source Code Showing

This one's an oldie but a goodie.  I know that I've seen this problem
addressed many, many times on the Web but I can't find the answer anywhere
on line.

When I browse to the Perl pages of my site, I don't see the rendered page
-- I see the source code of the page instead.

I've tried adding "Options ExecCGI" to the httpd.conf file, and "AddHandler
cgi-script cgi pl" is already in there.  The script itself has the
appropriate #!/usr/bin/perl in place as the very first line of the script,
and I've tested the script from the command line and it works properly.

I'm running Apache 2.0.44 with mod_perl on Solaris 9.

Re: [users@httpd] Perl Source Code Showing

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Richard Crawford wrote:
> /usr/bin/perl certainly does exist.

Okay, doesn't hurt to check though

> Here's a thought: JRun lives on the same server.  Is it possible that
> JRun is interfering with Apache's ability to interpret Perl?

Not a clue (considering I have no clue what JRun is/does). It
conceivably shouldn't though.

and the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker

Re: [users@httpd] Perl Source Code Showing

Posted by Richard Crawford <rc...@unexmail.ucdavis.edu>.