Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "Geiss, Chris " <ch...@citi.com> on 2017/12/05 17:49:14 UTC

Interpreting query plan details

I have read through the Cloudera documentation relating to query plans and profiles and it is pretty good.

But I do not see a comprehensive glossary of terms used. Is any other source of information available?

For example I have this operation in my plan:

08:SCAN HDFS [..., RANDOM]
   partitions=1/1 files=1 size=286.16KB
   runtime filters: RF000 -> inihpi.state, RF001 -> inihpi.yyyyqq

Is there a place where it is defined what RANDOM means in this context?

That is just an example but I was curious if there is a glossary that gives a full listing of all terms used and their meanings.

Chris