Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Joe Bologna <Jo...@software.dell.com> on 2014/01/21 23:09:33 UTC

OFBiz Database Change Assistance

Hello,

I'm looking to change from a derby database to Oracle 11g. I have tried the step outlined in the documentation and the application server fails to load-demo data and start. I have placed the ojdbc6.jar file in the lib\jdbc directory. When I go back to the original derby configuration, everything works fine, but I need this running on oracle. Thanks.

Here is a sample of my entityengine.xml file:

<!--
- This file configures the Entity Engine JDBC (or other DataSource) and JTA
access. For a detailed description see the core/docs/entityconfig.html file.
-->
<entity-config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/entity-config.xsd">
    <resource-loader name="fieldfile" class="org.ofbiz.base.config.FileLoader"
            prepend-env="ofbiz.home" prefix="/framework/entity/fieldtype/"/>

    <!-- the transaction factory class to use, one is needed for each way of getting JTA interfaces -->
    <!-- Use this one for Geronimo -->
    <transaction-factory class="org.ofbiz.geronimo.GeronimoTransactionFactory"/>

    <!-- Use this one for getting the JTA objects from JNDI -->
    <!-- NOTE: to use the JndiFactory you must specify the necessary JNDI properties
    <transaction-factory class="org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory">
        <user-transaction-jndi jndi-server-name="default" jndi-name="java:comp/UserTransaction"/>
        <transaction-manager-jndi jndi-server-name="default" jndi-name="java:comp/UserTransaction"/>
    </transaction-factory>
    -->
    <!--
        It is common to use UserTransaction for the TransactionManager, but if that doesn't work, try this: <transaction-manager-jndi jndi-server-name="default" jndi-name="java:comp/TransactionManager"/>
        Common UserTransaction locations:
            java:comp/UserTransaction (most servers: Resin, Orion, OC4J, etc)
            UserTransaction (RexIP)
        JBoss uses two different objects for the UserTransaction and TransactionManager interfaces;
        they are located in JNDI at: "java:comp/UserTransaction" and "java:/TransactionManager" respectively
    -->

    <!-- the connection factory class to use, one is needed for obtaining connections/pools for defined resources -->
    <connection-factory class="org.ofbiz.entity.connection.DBCPConnectionFactory"/>

    <debug-xa-resources value="false" />  <!-- see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4282 for more -->

    <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main" entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main" distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="remoteoracle"/>
    </delegator>
    <delegator name="default-no-eca" entity-model-reader="main" entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main" entity-eca-enabled="false" distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="remoteoracle"/>
    </delegator>

    <!-- be sure that your default delegator (or the one you use) uses the same datasource for test. You must run "ant run-install" before running "ant run-tests" -->
    <delegator name="test" entity-model-reader="main" entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main">
        <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="remoteoracle"/>
    </delegator>

    <!-- need to at least define a name for each component to use -->
    <entity-model-reader name="main"/>

    <!-- need to at least define a name for each component to use -->
    <entity-group-reader name="main"/>

    <!-- need to at least define a name for each component to use -->
    <entity-eca-reader name="main"/>

enant       = OFBiz and External Tenant Data
        seed         = OFBiz and External Seed Data - to be maintained along with source and updated whenever a system deployment is updated
        seed-initial = OFBiz and External Seed Data - to be maintained along with source like other seed data, but only loaded initially and not updated when a system is updated except manually reviewing each line
        demo         = OFBiz Only Demo Data
        ext          = External General Data (custom)
        ext-test     = External Test Data (custom)
        ext-demo     = External Demo Data (custom)
    -->
    <entity-data-reader name="tenant"/>
    <entity-data-reader name="seed"/>
    <entity-data-reader name="seed-initial"/>
    <entity-data-reader name="demo"/>
    <entity-data-reader name="ext"/>
    <entity-data-reader name="ext-test"/>
    <entity-data-reader name="ext-demo"/>

    <field-type name="oracle" loader="fieldfile" location="fieldtypeoracle.xml"/>

    <!--
    For DAO/JDBC Helper: Tries:
      1. JNDI Datasource IF jdbc.jndi.name, context.provider, etc are specified
      2. Embedded (JOTM) if available (uses jdbc.driver, jdbc.uri, jdbc.username, jdbc.password, isolation.level)
      3. Direct to manually laoded JDBC driver (uses jdbc.driver, jdbc.uri, jdbc.username, jdbc.password)

    Transaction Isolation Levels - (<helperName>.isolation.level) can be as follows:
     * None
     * ReadCommitted (Recommended)
     * ReadUncommitted
     * RepeatableRead
     * Serializable (NOT Recommended)
     * Not set uses database default
    -->

<datasource name="remoteoracle"
            helper-class="org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO"
            schema-name="OFBIZ"
            field-type-name="oracle"
            check-on-start="true"
            add-missing-on-start="true"
            alias-view-columns="false"
            join-style="ansi"
            use-order-by-nulls="true">
        <read-data reader-name="tenant"/>
        <read-data reader-name="seed"/>
        <read-data reader-name="seed-initial"/>
        <read-data reader-name="demo"/>
        <read-data reader-name="ext"/>
        <inline-jdbc
                jdbc-driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
                jdbc-uri="jdbc:oracle:thin:@//10.1.114.43:1521/ofbiz" (tried the old syntax and new syntax with same results)
                jdbc-username="ofbiz"
                jdbc-password="ofbiz"
                pool-minsize="2"
                pool-maxsize="250"
                time-between-eviction-runs-millis="600000"/>
    </datasource>

</entity-config>

Re: OFBiz Database Change Assistance

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
What you could do is create a patch and contribute it through Jira, "just" follow
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

Thanks

Jacques

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:16 PM, Joe.Bologna@software.dell.com wrote

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe,

Good for you. The best would be to have it persisted in a document for
prosterity. Doing it in a mail might get it overcrowded by other mails. I
don't know whether it already has been done, but you could check the
technical production setup document(s), see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
.

Posted by Joe Bologna <Jo...@software.dell.com>.
Thanks Pierre.

Posted by Joe Bologna <Jo...@software.dell.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the response. I have created a database in Oracle called ofbiz. What other databases do I need to create? Does the schema built when you run-install? I will add the olap and tenant back to the group mappings and see what happens.

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Bologna
Solution Architect